In order to book a project, users need Research Coordinator permissions.
First, navigate to the “Projects” tab and click “New Project”.
If you are not seeing the “New Project” button, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat widget at the bottom right corner of the page.
Booking a project on The All New InterVu Platform requires just four steps – entering project information in the “General” section, adding project stakeholders in the “People” section, entering billing information in the “Billing Details” section, and specifying project permissions in the “Privacy Settings” section.
All of these sections can be easily edited at any time once the project has been booked.
1: Entering General Information
1. Project Name: Enter the name of your study. This is how your project will be identified to your stakeholders and on your list of projects within the platform. Each project is also automatically assigned a four digit identification number as well.
2. Service tier: Choose between self-service or full-service. Self service allows you to quickly create and run projects and you have access to FocusVision’s On-Call support for technical issues. Full Service includes a Project Manager, who can help to set up your project, as well as a Dedicated Technician who will be present for all of your sessions and can help connect participants (respondents) to the platform before the session begins.
3. Description: Enter a brief description of your study (optional). This information is only visible to project stakeholders, never to Respondents.
4. Interview Type: Choose between 1 on 1 interviews, groups or a mix of both
5. Using Webcams: Select whether or not the study will utilize Respondent webcams, if “No” is chosen, Respondents will not have the option to activate their webcams upon entering the Meeting Room.
6. Recording Layout: Choose the layout of your recordings from a variety of options.
7. Duration: Choose a Start and End date of the project
8. Number of sessions: An approximate number of sessions that will take place. This can be a rough estimate.
Note: This information can be easily edited and amended, at any time, after the project is booked.
2: Adding Project Stakeholders
1. Moderator(s): Moderators are added by typing their email address in the field. If the person creating the project is going to be one of the Moderators, they need to click “Assign Self”, at which point their email address will be automatically populated.
2. Recruiter(s): Recruiters are also added by typing in an email in the field. If the person creating the project is going to be one of the Moderators, they need to click “Assign Self”.
3. Observer(s): These are usually the end-client representatives. Their permissions and access can be controlled in the “Privacy” section. If your project does not utilize “Quick Access Links”, please enter your Observer emails here.
Note: Stakeholders can be added or removed, easily at any time, after the project has been booked. If you do not have their contact details, you can proceed with the booking and enter them at a later stage.
3: Entering Billing Details
1. Booking on behalf of a customer: Choose whether you will serve as the billing contact or if you are booking the project for someone else.
2. PO Number: Specify whether a Purchase Order number is required.
3. Job Number: Specify whether a Job Number is required.
If you have selected “Yes” on "Booking on behalf of a customer", you must specify the billing details for your customer.
Note: Billing details can be edited and amended, at any time, after the project has been booked.
4: Specifying Privacy Settings
The “Privacy Settings” section allows you to specify the permission levels of end-client Observers.
1. Image Anonymization: If “Yes” is selected here, upon entering the Meeting Room, the client Observers will see the following pop-up, asking them to confirm that they have permission to view participant (respondent) webcams.
2. Quick Access Links: If “Yes” is selected here, a shareable link will be generated upon project creation. This link can be distributed to end-client Observers, allowing them to enter the project and live sessions without creating an account.
Note: If “Quick Access” links are enabled, there is no need to add the Observer emails in the people section.
Note: We always recommend “Quick Access” links to be enabled unless the requirements of your project specifically require that Observers need to register accounts on the platform
Note: “Quick Access” links need to be distributed by the client team to Observers. This is done outside of the platform, typically via email.
Note: If, due to a security concern, you need to change your “Quick Access” link, this can easily be done once the project is created by clicking “Generate New Link”. This will void the previous link and the new one needs to be distributed to the Observers.
3. Observer Permissions: These control what the Observers have access to within the project. If “Full Project Permissions” is selected it is the equivalent of having all the boxes checked off.
Note: Even with “Full Project Permissions” enabled, Observers cannot edit any of the project details or view Respondent Personally Identifiable Information.
Note: The “Privacy Settings” section can be edited and amended at any time after the project has been booked.
4. Terms and Conditions: This box needs to be checked before the booking can be placed.
5. Create Project: Once ready click this button and your project will be booked.