Quick Access Links can be utilized to avoid creating Observer accounts. Research Coordinators can generate a link which can be distributed to Observers and will allow them direct access to the project.
1: Instructions for Research Coordinators
To enable Quick Access Links for Observers, navigate to the Project tab and in the Quick Access section select “Yes”.
The Quick Access Link will be automatically generated, you can copy and distribute it to Observers via email.
Note: Quick Access Links are not distributed by InterVu. You will need to distribute the Quick Access Link to Observers separately, via email, instant message, etc.
Note: If Quick Access Links are enabled there is no need to add Observers to the People section. You can simply distribute the Quick Access Link via email to any Observers.
2: Instructions for Observers
In your email containing Quick Access Links to Observers, you can include the following instructions to ensure a smooth experience:
- Copy the link and paste it in your browser.
- Type in your name here and click “Join”.
Note: Internet Explorer is NOT Supported.
- You will be directed to the Dashboard where all of the day’s session are listed. To enter a session, click “Go To Waiting Room”.
- Next, you will be taken to this screen where you need to select which session to enter. This will take you to the Waiting Room.
- Once in the Waiting Room, click “Join Session”. This button will be green if the session has already started. If the session is yet to start it will be greyed out and you need to wait for the Moderator to start the session.
- Finally, even though you will not be using it, you will be asked to allow access to your microphone before joining the Live Meeting Room.
Note: By Default, Observers cannot start their webcam and are muted, so Respondents will never be able to view your webcam image or hear your voice.
Once camera and microphone access are allowed, you can click "Join” and you will be directed to the Meeting Room.
Note: Respondents can never see you logged in as an Observer in the Live Meeting Room.